Annual Salary: $65,033.32 - $74,351.64
BC is a North American leader in requiring Integrated Pest Management for pesticide use on public land.
The Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Section provides leadership, professional expertise and policy development for the Ministry’s IPM Program. The IPM Program objectives are to promote risk reduction, prevent environmental and human health impacts from pesticides and administer the Integrated Pest Management Act and Regulation.
The IPM Senior Policy Analyst:
• Leads policy and legislation development for the IPM Program.
• Engages stakeholders in consultation on policy initiatives.
• Develops IPM outreach materials for regulated stakeholders and the public, including advice on IPM.
• Develops Best Management Practices for industry.
• Supports the BC government's goals for IPM by becoming a recognized and trusted national/international expert in this field.
To be considered for this position your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have the following:
· A Bachelor of Science with a graduate degree in biology, chemistry, agriculture, forestry, environmental science or a related discipline; AND at least three (3) years of related experience OR
· A Bachelor of Science degree in biology, chemistry, agriculture, forestry, environmental science or a related discipline ; AND at least five (5) years of related experience;
RELATED EXPERIENCE MUST INCLUDE:
· Minimum of one (1) year (with graduate degree) or three (3) years (with bachelor’s degree) of experience related to pest management and/or pesticide use.
· Experience in environmental protection and environmental impact/risk assessment. This may encompass the following: managing pesticide drift or runoff to protect waterbodies and/or safe pesticide application or storage.
· Substantial experience managing complex projects.
· Experience in policy research, development, analysis and/or implementation, in a government or corporate setting.
· Experience in developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with stakeholders (such as clients, First Nations, NGOs or federal, provincial or local government).For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by October 25th 2016, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=35516